I have mainly dry to somewhat normal skin, so I often use highly moisturizing lotions with some retinol for wrinkle prevention and light spf for sun protection from the Californian sun. Since I experienced significant dryness and loss of brightness in my skin when visiting Germany, my routine changed from the 3 step Clinique products to a wider range of products.
1. Alternate between Shiseido Perfect Whip facewash, which cleans thoroughly without being drying, and St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub for exfoliating dead skin and removing blackheads.
2. Thayer Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner soothes and preps my skin.
3. Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum really moisturizes my skin without leaving it greasy. I can practically wear any type of lotion after, and the serum does all the work.
4. Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer with SPF 15 feels light and has sun protection. After letting my face dry for about 10 minutes, my foundation goes on smoothly and leaves my face with a natural finish.
6. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in Vanille is one of my favorite foundations. The Skin79 Pink BB cream is amazing, but the lasting power and coverage is not as strong as an actual foundation and is more suitable for relaxed days where I don't want to really wear that much make up. The Bourjois serum foundation just covers the right amount, leaves a smooth, natural finish, and has really great lasting power throughout the day. The coloring also leans towards yellow, which actually makes it my perfect skin color match. Bourjois is a sister company of Chanel, and their high end drugstore products are generally very high quality.
1. Bioderma Crealine H2O Micelle Solution eliminates all traces of my make up and gently cleanses dirt and oil away.
2. Thayer Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner
3. Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum
4. Avene (2) Eluage Cream to rub in spots for wrinkle and fine line prevention. I don't really have any fine lines or wrinkles yet, but I feel it's nice to begin with mild anti-aging products to prevent or slow down the occurance of agining. I noticed I usually break out whenever I apply anti-aging products, but this product was very moisturizing while my skin remained clear.
5. La Roche-Posay (2) Hydraphase Intense Light Intensive Rehydrating Skincare is very moisturizing without feeling greasy, and in the morning, I feel that my skin is renewed, very soft, and fresh without any product really coating my skin.. I wish I purchased the non-light version, because I have very dry skin sometimes.
1. My Beauty Diary Black Pearl Mask. I don't believe it has long-term lasting results, but during the days I use this, my skin is exceptionally translucent and supple.
2. About once a week, I use Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. I don't really have a problem with break outs, but the mask really does lessen the appearance of my pores and clears away any bumps I sometimes have on my skin.